Did you know 2017 has been dubbed “The Year of Video Marketing”?
I have to admit, although I'd noticed more and more companies jumping on the video bandwagon, I didn’t realize the tactic had captured the “Year of…” crown.
So I did some investigating.
And I found a plethora of stats—in blogs, articles, reports, and (in total meta fashion) videos—all abuzz about the power of video as a B2B marketing tool.
Here’s a smattering of what I found:
- 96% of B2B organizations are engaged in video content marketing —Web Video Marketing Council
- 74% of B2B marketers say video converts better than any other medium —Demand Metric
- 75% of business executives watch work-related online videos every week —Forbes Insights
- 70% of B2B buyers watch videos throughout their path to purchase —Google/Millward Brown
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80% —Hubspot
As a copywriter, I couldn’t be happier about the potential this brings for more fun projects. Because I've been into scripts and scriptwriting since back in the day.
Long, long ago, before B2B copywriting was even a twinkle in my eye, I spent a couple freewheelin’ years of my youth as an actress and scriptwriter in Hollywood.
Okay, I’m making it sound way more romantic than it was. But as a card-carrying member of the Screen Actors Guild, I understand the importance of good scripted dialogue. And I did spend a year under the mentorship of a successful screenwriter, writing the screenplay for a romantic comedy, which tragically never got made, thanks to Madonna! But that's a story for another time.
For now, I’ll just leave you with one final statistic: Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and increases click-through rates by 65%.